Please examine the information below carefully. By continuing to do business with Matrix you agree that you have read and accepted the below terms and conditions.
- Supply CMYK files - No Pantone Colours
Our printing process uses a CMYK ink system and works within the CMYK gamut. As such, we cannot print Pantone colours and any Pantone colour included in any artwork we receive will be converted to the nearest CMYK alternative.
- Artwork Template
On each product page there is an artwork template available for download. There are instructions on each template regarding the specific artwork requirements which must be followed exactly.
- Colour Matching
The large format print process uses inkjet technology to reproduce your supplied artwork. Graphics you may have had printed previously may not use the same print process and if so, colours will not match exactly. We can attempt to closely match colours to previously printed materials if a hard copy proof is provided. Please be aware, this may add approximately 2-3 working days or more to your order.
In addition to the above, we cannot provide colour matching to previously printed materials provided by ourselves. Due to changes in media and inks, plus the exposure of previously printed graphics to UV light, we cannot guarantee an exact match of new graphics to ones we have supplied previously.
- Artwork Quality
We print the artwork we are provided. If artwork is supplied to us at a considerably low resolution or with obvious problems, we will try to notify you of its unsuitability for print. However, we do not offer a checking service and it is the responsibility of the designer to ensure that the artwork is suitable for print before it is uploaded.
- Artwork Upload
Once the artwork has been uploaded it is immediately entered into the print production process. This means that no amendments can be made to the artwork after it has been uploaded without additional charges and production time being added to the order.
- Artwork Proofs
Along with your final PDF artwork, you must supply a low resolution JPEG proof of your design to ensure that it prints accurately.
Terms & Conditions
- "MATRIX" is the trading name of Design Communication Matrix.
Goods means the articles or items described in the contract between Matrix and the purchaser.
- These conditions shall be deemed to be incorporated in all contracts of Matrix to sell goods and in the case of any inconsistency with any order or form of contract sent by the purchaser to Matrix, whatever may be their respective dates, the provision of these Conditions shall prevail unless expressly varied in writing and signed by an authorised employee on behalf of Matrix.
- Notwithstanding that Matrix may have given a detailed quotation, no order shall be binding on Matrix unless and until it has been accepted in writing by Matrix.
- By their nature, goods do not have a redeemable value and no refunds or credit for goods correctly supplied will be entertained.
- All goods shall be paid for at the time of order unless an account has been created prior to the order.
- No goods shall be despatched or collection allowed until paid for in full unless a prior account is held by the purchaser.
- All prices are exclusive of Value Added Tax and this will be charged at the appropriate rate.
- Matrix must be notified of any shortcomings or defects in goods supplied on the day of delivery. Once this has been reported, the goods in question must be returned to Matrix for inspection.
- Nothing herein shall impose any liability upon Matrix in respect of any defect in the goods arising out of the acts, omissions, negligence or fault of the purchaser, its servants or agents including without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing handling and storage of the goods.
- Nothing herein shall have the effect of excluding or restricting the liability of Matrix:
- For death or personal injury resulting from its negligence insofar as the same is prohibited by U.K. statute, or;
- Under sections 12,13,14 and 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 to a purchaser who is dealing with a customer (as defined by section 12 of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977).
- Hardware is covered by a 1 month limited warranty unless stated otherwise.
- Printed graphics are not covered by any warranty; all defects in printed graphics should be reported on the day of delivery.
- Matrix cannot refund international delivery costs resulting from amendments to or defects in goods supplied.
- Matrix shall not be liable for any costs, claims or damage arising out of any act of tort or omission or breach of contract or statutory duty calculated by reference to profits, income production or accruals or loss of such profits, income production or accruals or by reference to accrual of such, claim, damages or expenses on a time basis.
- The liability of Matrix to the purchaser for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature and howsoever caused shall be limited to and in no circumstances exceed the price of the goods.
- If the purchaser shall be in breach of any of their obligations under the contract, Matrix may (without prejudice to Matrix rights subsequently to determine the contract for the same cause should it so decide) suspend further deliveries of goods without notice until any defaults by the purchaser are remedied.
- No statement, description, information, warranty or recommendation contained in any catalogue, price list, advertisement or communication or made verbally by any of the agents or employees of Matrix shall be construed to enlarge, vary or override in any way these conditions.
- Any concessions made or latitude allowed by Matrix to the purchaser shall not affect the strict rights of Matrix under the contract. If in any particular case any of these conditions shall be held to be invalid or shall not apply to the contract the other conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
- Upon sight of artwork and at its sole discretion Matrix reserve the right to decline to print any item it deems to be inappropriate. Any payments made for work rejected by reason of this clause will be refunded in full.
Handling and Carriage In the event that a courier service or other delivery method is used to transport items produced by Matrix, all items provided by Matrix must be signed for as "unchecked" unless the goods have been thoroughly examined and deemed to be acceptable. Matrix cannot be held responsible for damage by a delivery service that not was arranged by Matrix or was signed for without prior inspection by the purchaser.
All sales are final due to the custom manufacturing and design process and any bespoke item produced by Matrix cannot be refunded.
Re-Stocking Any non-bespoke items that Matrix provide can be returned within 7 days. These items must be returned in the condition that they were provided and are subject to a 15% re-stocking charge.
Matrix have the right to change prices listed on company web sites or literature at any time without prior notice, and serves as no part of any contract.
Quotes are valid for 30 days only, thereafter the client should request another quote for services or goods required.
Jobs exceeding 30 days may be subject to additional costs as prices quoted by external contractors may differ from the original quote affecting the final bill. These additional costs will be passed on to the client and must be paid in full.
Hourly Rate unless stated otherwise is £45P/H +V.A.T. Text amends charged at an additional cost of £25P/H +V.A.T.
New Account Facilities are given at the discretion of Matrix accounts department. New customers or clients are expected to pay in full in advance of any work undertaken. Clients may then apply for an account facility.
30 Day Accounts are expected to pay within the the 30 day time period after receipt of goods and before the date listed on invoice, failure to do this may incur a 15% interest charge in addition to the invoice given. Failure to pay the invoice within the time frame can jeopardise the client's account. Matrix reserves the right to revoke a client's credit account at any time.
V.A.T all prices are subject to Value Added Tax at 17.5%.
Payment can be made by visa, cheque or pay pal.
Cheques should be made payable to Design Matrix and posted to Design Matrix, Unit 46, Port Talbot Workshops Addison Road, Port Talbot SA12 6HZ.